Increasing use of chelating agents in the pulp & paper industry is estimated to drive the market growth.
The global Chelating Agents Market is expected to reach USD 6.64 Billion by 2030, according to a new report by Reports and Data. Chelating agents are substances that react with metal ions to form stable, water-soluble compounds called chelates. Thus, their physical and chemical behavior changes, like their reaction properties and solubility.
Chelating agents are extensively used in bleaching wood pulp and recycling fibers in pulp processing and paper production industries. With the emergence of e-commerce sector, there is a rapid increase in the demand for paper packaging, which in turn would stimulate the market demand. Further, chelating agents are used in household, institutional, and industrial cleaning applications for removing the deposits of metal oxides, salts, and hard water. The growth of urbanization and industrialization along with an increase in awareness about hygiene and cleanliness are causative to the market growth.
Chelating agents are the most effective means of treatment of heavy metal poisoning. Chelating agents have been found to reduce arsenic poisoning in small animals. These agents bind to arsenic molecules and prevents them from bonding with other molecules and enzymes within the animal/human body. At the same time upon interaction with chelating agents, arsenic is converted into a water-soluble form, which can be removed from the body through excretion.
Get a sample of the report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1270
Top Lading Players: BASF SE, AkzoNobel N.V., Archer Daniels Midland Company, Cargill Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, The Valero Energy Corporation, Mitsubishi Rayon Co. Ltd, Kemira OYJ, Lanxess AG, and Tate & Lyle PLC among others.
Some Key Highlights from the Report:
- Aminopolycarboxylates contributes to the largest market size accounting for more than 45% market share in 2020 and is projected to have a CAGR of 4.4% in the forecast period owing to the production of these synthetic chelating agents on an industrial scale to cater to the demand for a variety of applications. Aminopolycarboxylates are one of the most extensively used chelating agents. These agents form chelants with metal ions that are present in a wide range of domestic products and therefore are used as metal sequestrates in numerous industrial applications.
- The demand for sodium gluconate is expected to experience above-average growth rate in the forecast period due to its widespread use in detergents, cosmetic products, and industrial applications.
- Pulp & paper industry was leading the market with around 40% of the market share in 2020, in terms of revenue, and is expected to grow at a rate of 4.4% in the forecast period. Increase in demand for graphic and tissue papers is anticipated to supplement the growth of pulp & paper industry. Besides, these chemicals play a fundamental role and are considered as an integral part of the pulp & paper making process. These chelating agents not only improve the effectiveness of hydrosulfite and hydrogen peroxide bleaches, but also reduces the downtimes and cost of bleaching.
- The Asia Pacific region accounted for more than 35% of the market share in 2020 and is expected to lead the market throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to continuous innovations and developments in the textile, and pulp & paper industries in this region.
- Developing nations of APAC region including China, India, Japan, Indonesia, and South Korea, are anticipated to display remarkable improvements in the water treatment, cleaning, and detergents application sectors due to the rising population along with an increase in awareness.
Chelating Agents Market Growth & Demand:
The chelating agents market is expected to experience steady growth in the coming years, driven by various factors such as increasing demand from various end-use industries, rising environmental concerns, and advancements in technology. Chelating agents are chemicals that are used to remove or deactivate metal ions from a solution, making them ideal for use in applications such as cleaning products, water treatment, and agriculture. The growing demand for chelating agents in these industries is expected to drive the growth of the market. The increasing awareness about the adverse effects of heavy metal pollution on the environment and human health is also expected to fuel the demand for chelating agents. The development of new and advanced chelating agents, coupled with the increasing adoption of chelating agents in emerging economies, is expected to create significant growth opportunities for the market players. Additionally, the increasing demand for green chelating agents is expected to further boost the growth of the market. Overall, the chelating agents market is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years, driven by the increasing demand from various end-use industries and rising environmental concerns.
Segments covered in the report:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Ethylenediaminetetra-acetic Acid (EDTA)
- Diethylene-triaminepentaacetic Acid (DTPA)
- Sodium gluconate
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Paper and pulp
- Household detergents and cleaners
- Personal care
- Industrial cleaners
End-use Channel Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2019-2030)
- Consumer goods
- Food and agriculture
- Paper and pulp
Ask for Customize Research Report: https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1270
- North America (U.S.A., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Italy, U.K., Germany, France, Rest of Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East & Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Key Questions Addressed in the Report:
- What are the dominating factors that are influencing the growth of the industry?
- In the forecast period, which market segment is expected to rise the most?
- What are the risks and challenges that the industry is facing?
- In the coming years, which area is projected to dominate the market?
- Who are the major players in the market?
- What kind of strategic business plans have they made?
Browse More Related Research Reports:
Petroleum Jelly Market https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/petroleum-jelly-market
Sodium Sulphate Market https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sodium-sulphate-market
Copper Foil Market https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/copper-foil-market
Industrial Air Compressor Market https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/industrial-air-compressor-market
Laser Cladding Market https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/laser-cladding-market
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Read the innovative blog at https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs